Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Shake 'n' bake Shakespeare

My previous experiences with William Shakespeare have been phenomonal. As you already know, I read Hamlet in the fall of 2007, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Upon my reading of Hamlet, I discovered something about myself. I love Shakespeare. He has a really, really, really attractive first name. Furthermore, understanding Ye Olde Englishe comes very naturally to my intellect. The lexicons within Shakespeare’s plays are entirely reminiscent of those within my own, personal play, The Tragedy of William Ye Hadley Bixby. I feel like the merchant in the Merchant of Venice because everybody only sees him as a Jew. I am not a Jew. However, people see nothing more of me than dashing good looks and a spectacular physique. But, after having read the ending to the Merchant of Venice, I found out that the things that people say or think about you are not the most important aspect of life. Shakespeare helped me mature into the dangerously good-looking and classy young man that I am today. He shaped the bildungsroman of my life. Not only as he influenced my life, he has influenced that lives of other writers throughout the ages. I love Shakespeare, and I am looking forward to participating in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of a class.

2 comments:

LCC said...

Sir B.A--I had to put my hip-waders on as I read on toward the end of your most recent blog, as it was getting a little deep in my room. But I do know that only a great author can take our previously small selves and mold us into the legendary beings we want to be and thereby help us reach our irrevocable destinies. I'm just glad to be able to help you use Shakespeare as another rung on your ladder to greatness.

Jennifer Papp said...

you didn't mention your increadible modesty...